You can now quickly Upload or Download your Item data using CSV data format including all your custom data elements stored in custom fields.
Since each subdomain of mbrella can have different custom fields, we recommend the following process for loading item/part data into mbrella:
- CREATE all the custom fields you need for Item
- CREATE your Organization
- DOWNLOAD CSV to get your field template (header). This header will include all your custom fields.
- POPULATE the template with your data
- Upload CSV into your Organization.
- Wash, rinse, repeat.
- NOTE: All uploaded items will be identified with a system-level 'csv' Tag. This will help to identify items loaded via csv, and may also help your workflow to make uploaded items searchable immediately.
- TIP: You MUST have at minimum have the Item Code, Item Name, and Country of Origin values to be accepted. Please look at the 'minimum' line example detailed below.
Nafta-Specific values: (you may leave all or none blank if you are not managing Nafta - or Nafta does not apply)
- Accepted Nafta States: <blank>, INVALID, IN_PROGRESS, CERTIFIED
- Accepted Nafta NetCostMethod values : <blank>, NC, NO
- Accepted Nafta Criterion values: <blank>, A,B,C,D
- Accepted Nafta Producer values: YES, NO_1, NO_2, NO_3
Lastly, You can also use our API and upload a CSV directly, or to integrate your data with Mbrella API. Please refer to our API documentation for further instructions or send us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions. We are happy to help!